As some of you already know, I decided to cancel my subscription and leave the Elder Scrolls Online. While there were things I liked about the game, it just wasn’t worth it to me to continue paying a subscription for a game I was not enjoying that much.
Many of my reasons have been placed in other blog posts, but I will put the bullet points I wrote for my feedback form in below to highlight the most pressing problems the game had for me.
* Economy – Money uses are almost non existent by vet level
* Economy – Repair costs are far too high
* Economy – Balance between main purchase costs and quest rewards is awful.
* Quest Rewards – Do not sit at all well with the story, lore and world in ESO. They jar you out of immersion by the disparity.
* Quest Goal – There is no overarching goal for the player except stopping Molag Bal. Not even the main questlines really give a reason why you should be working for them, especially since quest rewards are so low as to be vastly insulting. NPC get much better rewards than you do, and you saved the world.. but not even the promise of a manor in the country do you get.
* More solo content – once you have done the quests, there is little else to do for solo players other than fish
* Voiceovers – too few voice actors.
* Replay value – almost non-existent
* Skills – feels limiting and samey. You will max out most skills, if not all, and even playing another class only changes 3 skill lines. Also limits replay value. More variety would be critical really.
* Faction separation – a bad idea for non-pvp players. It segregates friends and potential-friends totally. It should be kept out of the pve world if players choose, maybe kept only in pvp zones. Example: had to scrap high level characters because friends left ESO and others were in a different faction.
* Instancing – poorly designed for grouping with friends who have done those quests. They can’t help.
* Aesthetics – the graphical quality of player characters is poor compared to other mmos.
* Aesthetics – gear look customization is ridiculously poor.
* Crafting materials vs Bag space – not working at all. Disrupts gameplay massively. Crafting mats really should take up no bank space.
* Crafting research times – 32 days is ridiculous. Also having the LAST research being the longest makes no sense in the world reality.
* Gold-spammers and bots
* EU server should be in the EU for less lagg
I would also note that I was not at all impressed by the 2000 letter limit in the feedback form, but I was even further unimpressed when 1999 letters was considered too many. Their counter was in error I think. Sloppy and infuriating.